Pastors Appreciation

October was Pastor's Appreciation Month. I think however it is never too late to show love and gratitude to the people who helped you in your spiritual journey - who nurtured you and guided you towards growth and maturity.

I celebrate my 29th year in full time ministry, and in all those years, I am blessed by pastors who mean so much to me. I'm glad I was mentored by these special persons over the years. They invested their lives in me. They showed love and compassion. They guided me with their words, their prayers, and their own faith. They journeyed with me, and because of them, I am what I am by the grace of God. Let me show my appreciation to these loved ones. I've listed them chronologically based on my timeline.

1. Pastor Sammy Labadia Panes - He taught me the basics of discipleship. It was Pastor Sam who unleashed my creativity and passion for ministry.

2. Pastor Leo Salazar - my pastor and mentor during the beginning of my pastoral work. He modeled for me a life of grace, kindness, generosity, and child-like enthusiasm for ministry and love for people.

3. Pastor Arnel Tan - my closest companion, contemporary, and friend in this sacred journey. The long talks we had, the tears, and the laughter we shared are a treasure and a gift I will always cherish. A phone call from him at opportune times is always like a drink of cold water on a hot and dry day.

4. Pastor Jon Jainga - His creativity, genuine concern for people, and his passion for mission work are inspirational to me. He is an older brother and companion in the faith. His laid-back, down to earth approach to ministry is something that I admire.

5. Dr. Jonathan De Vera Exiomo, Dr. Gilbert L.Montecastro, and Dr. Nativity Petallar - classmates, co-sojourner, and companions in the loving struggle in the academic but also in personal and ministerial growth. They challenge me to be a better scholar and proclaimer of the Gospel.

6. Pastor Alexander Larena Arceno - a positive ray of sunshine in my life - the one I can always count on to cheer me up. Pastor Alex' kindness, generosity, and enthusiasm is a power charge for me always. My ally, and my friend.

7 Pastor Garvic Garcia - my brother with whom I can be my most authentic self. He is the kuya I run to in whatever situation I may find myself in. Anyone can share their grief with others, but you only share your secret joys and victories with those closest to you. Garvic is that person for me.

8. Pastor Sohl de Guia and Pastor Art Tagasa were my companions and conversation partners while navigating the leadership responsibilities during a particularly challenging time in my life.

9. Pastor Zenrad Khan Gepte - everybody needs to have a pastor and a friend like Pastor Totit. Compassionate and wise, but easy going and fun. He journeyed with me in difficult times and celebrated with me in joyous times.

10. Pastor Saul Samante inspires me to be a better preacher - a better teacher, and a better person. I admire his tenacity and hunger and thirst to grow and improve himself. A true friend, indeed.

I would also give heartfelt appreciation to the emerging leaders and pastors who have a passion for growth through Arrow Leadership Philippines. I love how they aspire to be lead more by Jesus, to lead more like Jesus, and to lead more to Jesus. Their energy and passion is a force that inspire and fill me with joy.

There are others of course who inspire, motivate and challenge me. I may not mention you all by name, but I am grateful for all of you. Thank you, pastors, for your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and for your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Comments