Two Poems

A Broken Sonnet for the Sea

I had a sudden urge for the beach
It calls to me, urgent but out of reach
From my soul’s slumber there rises
A thirst to taste its salty depth -
Ancient tears, distillations of our collective sigh.
Let my memories find its blissful erasure,
I am re-attached to the womb of my unconscious
Echoing the cadence of its ageless pulse
I tread in its quiescent aquatic embrace
The silence is an orchestration of sublime beauty.
Let the gently lapping waves in its sun-kissed reticence
Be a belated gift of my unseeing.

I suddenly want to go to the beach,
I hear the urgent call. It is out of reach.

Unsigned Abstract

From the dusk of my yesterday I take with me
Fragments of my splintered days
I carry it in my hands, the shards lacerating me.
bleeding through the fabric of my vestal innocence.
I shall keep a part of you too. You do not
Define me, but somehow in my undefining,
We are inexplicably, inevitably intertwined.

From the dawn of my tomorrow, I shall look forward
To unhurried morning walks, and I shall taste
Unbitter dam-burst of moments quenching my thirst.
And I shall smile. The stillness in my soul
is a cadence to my victory march. There will be fear –
But it is a fear only the most courageous feel
In moments of great heroic feats.

In the sunshine of the now-ness of my present, I dance.
A kaleidoscope of splintered days and untasted sweetness
Is an abstract painting, a masterpiece still being painted.
And I find myselt humming an uncomposed hymn
Epithets and praises; it is both a laughter and a sob.
I savor these moments with the gentlest truth:
I am afforded the grace of the resurrection of my becoming.

Comments