Thinking of Seven

Seven things that scare me
1. Spiders
2. Heights
3. Disasters
4. Sadako of The Ring
5. Meaninglessness
6. Going through what I went through a few years ago
7. Driving

Seven things I like the most
1. Books (anything goes – trashy, seeeriouus leetreechur, esoteric, practical, funny, tear-jerker, etc.)- the smell of a new book, the sense of excitement as you read the first few pages, etc.
2. Movies (I am as indescriminate when it comes to movies too)
3. Coffee
4. Preaching/ teaching/writing
5. having a maniacal laugh-out loud moments with friends
6. texting quotes from stuff I’ve read and loved and moved me. I don’t care if it makes sense to the people I send it to.
7. Late evening, or should I say early mornings

Seven important things in my room
1. Bed/fresh sheets smelling of the sun and downy
2. Two pillows
3. Electric fan
4. Books
5. Cellphone
6. My kikay kit and accoutrements
7. My eyeglasses

Seven random facts about me
1.I took remedial classes for Math all of my highschool years. Except my senior year when the teachers took pity on me.
2. I used to sell goat’s milk by liter.
3. I am a nice guy (contrary to the tsismis that I am suplado)
4. I do not own a T.V. – a deliberate decision so as not to eat up my reading time.
5. As of last count, I own 138 VCDS (all original ha!), but this is not counting those that were loaned out – I cannot remember how many of them are still out there unreturned (ahem. Yung mga nanghiram sanay ma-remind). Haven’t counted my DVDs yet.
6. I have lost track of how many books I own. All I know is that at home, I have 5 big boxes filled with books. I haven’t packed all the books I have with me here (since I’m moving end of September), but those that I’ve already packed are in two balikbayan boxes.
7. Every time I go up to preach I feel inadequate and have to desperately beg the Holy Spirit to anoint, empower me.

Seven things I plan to do before I die
1. Get published
2. Travel! Travel! Travel!
3. Live abroad for a period of time (study? Work? I don’t know, but I want to experience how it is to live in a different culture, place, etc.)
4. Learn how to drive/own a vehicle
5. Learn my 5th language –Spanish? French? Chinese?
6. Earn another Master’s Degree or another Ph.D.
7. Paint

Seven things I can do
1. Write
2. Sketch and other visually creative stuff (not that I’m good at it or anything)
3. Preach
4. Cook
5. I am a good listener.
6. I like to help people even if I can get impatient with some of them.
7. I can be a loyal and very supportive friend

Seven things I can’t do
1. Sing
2. Sing
3. Sing
4. Sing
5. Sing
6. Sing
7. There’s isn’t much that I’m not willing to do or try at least once.

Seven things that attract me to the opposite sex
1. Wit and humor
2. Sense of fashion – must be creatively laid-back. No fashionistas please.
3. Intelligence and a passionate love for books
4. Understated beauty
5. Strength of character
6. Independence/assertiveness/sense of purpose/confidence
7. Lover of God and the things of God.

Seven things I say the most
1. ----censored------
2. Yikes!
3. No problem!
4. Eeeeh - to express confusion, mock shock, etc.
5. O, anong balita?
6. -----censored----- (not the same word as number 1)
7. Shut Up

Seven celebrity crushes
1. Audrey Hepburn
2. Monica Belucci
3. Francine Prieto
4. Drew Barrymore
5. Drew Barrymore
6. Drew Barrymore
7. Drew Barrymore

Seven People I Want To Take This Quiz
1. Alan (kung may blog na sya uli)
2. Dennis
3. Elizabeth of Stories of the Last Muse
4. Olive and Nechie, but they have already been asked by Beng
5. Nikki Alfar (I doubt she reads my blog)
6. RLP
7. Jeffrey of Overcompensating

Comments

Beng said…
Hi Pastor Bong, Thanks for obliging my request. So what are the languages you know? Aliw mga sagot mo. :-) Curious din ako sa mga censored words mo. haha.
Bong said…
to beng: an american anthropologist friend of mine who now teaches at Wheaton College and who studied the upland Filipino culture once said that what Filipinos normally classify as dialects (Ilonggon, Cebuano, Tagalog, etc.) are actually distinct language groups. Since I am not an expert on any of these, I am taking his word for it. So, i'd count Ilonggo, Cebuano, Tagalog, English as languages I know. That makes 4. I can read and understand a bit of Koine Greek and a smattering of M.Div level basic Hebrew, but I am not counting those :-) So there. I'm watching a lot of spanish-speaking movies so I am hoping that I'd learn the language through sheer osmosis.

My censored words are: bleep and bleep. Ooops, what can i say. they were censored. hehehe
Beng said…
Hahaha. On the language, hmm, in that case I'll be multi-lingual too. As for the censored "words," okay, will leave them to you. Thanks again for answering. :-)
Nechie said…
gave my sevens na rin. na-pressure ako sa text mo, hehe.