In Times Like These You Need An Anchor

I just got back today from my retreat with the Trappist monks. I have not taken time to write down my impressions, thoughts, and meanderings as yet. The time was spent meditating on the reflections given by Father Bruno, our retreat master. These pics were taken last Wednesday when we took time to discover the beautiful island of Guimaras. We (Abbie, Zoila, Sonia, David, Jonathan, Thelma, Jenny, Tina, Bee, Jean, Mildred and myself) rented a small boat named Lucky Star and explored some of Guimaras' constellation of islands (I don't know the correct term for the group of islets that cluster around the big island - i thought constellation seemed like a pretty word to describe it).

Come, my Way, my Truth, my life:
Such a Way, as gives us breath:
Such a Truth as ends all strife:
Such a Life, as killeth death.

Come, my Light, my Feast, my Strength:
Such a Light, as shows a feast:
Such a Feast, as mends in length:
Such a strength, as makes His guest.

Come, my Joy, my Love, my Heart:
Such a Joy, as none can move:
Such a Love, as none can part:
Such a Heart, as joys in love.


George Herbert (1593-1633)

Lucky Star's Anchor

Comments