Of First Lines, Works in Progress and Streams of Consciousness

Below are lines I have written in my journal. These are random thoughts, lines that caught my fancy, ideas, streams of consciousness, and whatnot. And it may mean something, or may be utterly meaningless right now, but inspiration and opportunity granting, I wish to develop them into something significant one of these days...

“In order to grab that which is new, you may have to let go some of the things you hold on to with such fervor.”

“The sting of love is that which we live for – the pain, the surprise it brings is like an adrenaline rush- the buzz, the kick. We live, we love, we hurt, and so we are made alive.” (A tad too masochistic, right? I might have been nursing a headache, or something? No, wait. I remember. Withdrawal symptoms for not having Coke Light that day)

This one from Return of the King, “How do you pick the threads of an old life? How do you go on when you know there is no going back?” Sends shivers down my spine.

“Change can be very scary.” (I said random thoughts, not original thoughts)

“Davao in my mind...a home that is no longer a home. A wound I keep going back to, that which continues to haunt me.” (written on a frustrating trip home)

“Is love something totally selfless, or is it, in fact, something utterly selfish? Do we not love in the hope of being loved in return? Do we not pine like some sick dog when our love is unrequited?”

“Haunted by songs that soothe the heart, prompted by a Power too enchanting to resist, guided by a cause far too glorious to abandon, and loved by a Being who knew no boundary, no limit, no cost to express His devotion to us.”

"My destiny: to be an exile, doomed to haunt the corners of my mind, and of places that no longer exists, and in the stranger’s faces, gestures, language, I seek that which would bring a flicker of recognition. But nothing. Not a glint. Not a moment.”

“Somewhere between nowhere and goodbye” –line from Million Dollar Baby

“Life is not about the amount of breath you take, but the moments that take your breath away.” From Hitch

“I am rooted in the now-ness of where and what I am, and yet, I am not a permanent resident here. I straddle the half-light of this world, and the glory whose light I may not be able to bear at this time.”

“An empty heart gnaws at you, eating you up, and a feeling of trepidation, a sense of foreboding scares the daylights of you.”

“Anointed. On-fire. Man with a vision. Impassioned. Passionate. Surrendered fully. Burning for God’s will – will these words ever be said of me?” (A meaningful time with pastor friends in the coolness of Baguio, and in the understated luxury of Manor hotel in CJH)

“A holy unease”

Also, I’ve been asked to write down the random thoughts I pass around through text. I just might. If I can remember them, that is.

Comments

in_sneakers said…
blog-hopping. nice blog! plus, "the voyage of the dawn treader" is my favorite book in the narnia series. =)
MhacLethCalvin said…
I don't think there's any randomness at all... :) your subconscious has put together quotes that has a plot.
go check yourself. :)