She of the Dimpled Smile

She of the dimpled smile is on my mind today. An ally, a friend, a kindred spirit. We had shared a childhood, a home, siblings, parents. And though we are far apart, our bond is never broken.

And this i remember of her: one time, we were both in the hospital (she would be around 2, and me, 3 years old), and i woke up from a fitful sleep, and i see her surrounded by nurses. she was reciting "twinkle, twinkle, little star." brave soul. i do not remember why we were in the hospital, but we were both sick, i believe, and yet while i lay too weak to do anything, she was there entertaining the nurses.

First among the siblings to discover the richness of faith in Jesus, she, with utmost care, shared what she knew. And because of what she shared, our (my) life changed.

Today is her birthday. I realize that right now life may not be in the best of times, for her, for me, for the family, but with gentle, and yet stubborn faith will see through yet another beautiful year. Hang in there. I am praying for you. I love you.

Comments